5/22/12

A year into this thing




It was just a year ago that I walked into the house.

Sat down my bag.

Then convinced Marianna, against her initial judgment, to start a company. To make some love letters home. To give it the old college try.

A year.

Gosh Almighty, time can fly. As can ideas.

This is a thank you. To you. To the folks who’ve heard about us from friends and came to see us – who’ve taken out their billfolds and parted with hard earned dollars to support a couple of strangers who are living thousands of miles from home. To the folks who’ve taken time to write about us. To the folks who’ve made an effort to share us with others.

It takes a village. Ours, we feel, with respect to Goldsmith, is the ‘loveliest village on the plains.’

I can’t but thank some folks by name, cause that’s just what a Southerner is want to do.

To our good Lord: you’ve blessed our endeavor. Let’s us seek to work at it each day as if we’re working for you and not for ourselves.

To Marianna: you are my heart and my better judgment and my cheerleader. I’m the luckiest.

To Union Press: if it weren’t for your craft and skill at executing the idea knocking around our brains, we’d have but a notebook of ideas and not a shelf of wares. We appreciate the hell out of y’all.

To Design Sponge, Garden & Gun: you guys gave us the benefit of the doubt as we were just starting and sent folks our way. You didn't have to but you did. Thank you.

To Fallen Arrows and Remnant: you make us look cooler than we are. Cause you guys are cooler than we are.

To Back Down South, Bowties & Boatshoes, Red Clay Soul, Bourbon & Boots, Bearings Guide, The Trot Line, Dreams of Perfection, WM Lamb and Sons, Cicada: Y’all run blogs and shops we love and respect and are just tickled to have been affiliated with.

To my bosses and coworkers at my regular job: thanks for putting up with my distraction.

To the 1614 of y’all on Facebook: I wouldn’t trade any one of you.

To the 880 on Twitter: I’d trade precisely four of y’all.

To the thousands that have pinned us on Pinterest: your board collection make us look stunning.

To our bullpen of official and unofficial lawyers, accountants, vexillologists, advisors, board members, etc: at least we're operating legally, right?

If I’ve failed to mention you it isn’t cause I don’t appreciate you. It’s cause we wouldn’t be much of anywhere without help of dozens of folks, and my fleeting memory failed me. But you didn’t.

Let's see what year two has in store.

Thanks y’all-


2 comments: