11/24/16

What we're looking at now.


For my wife, my daughter and my momma who are all here on this day. For my sister who will be a momma to a little boy come March. For my daddy and my brothers who are everywhere from Alabama to Japan to Florida. For the freedom to roam this big old world. For the political process and for the ability to disagree and for the ability to come together and for the fact that there are some things that are even bigger than our disagreements. I'm thankful for for Grace. For Mercy. For Unconditional Love. I'm thankful there were folks who were there to whup my ass and get it back in line when I fell out. I'm thankful for bourbon and the explosion of craft beers and the Ole Miss Rebels and Roy Williams and the Chicago Cub,s who showed us that we can hope for generations and that hope can win. I'm thankful for just about everyone who has come through my life. I'm not thankful for those who left too soon. But I'm thankful for that realization that they had so much more to give this joint before they left. I'm thankful for the ability to turn a side project into a hobby. Thankful that we've got customers who come back time and again because they want to support a small, hustling business. I'm thankful for voice activated remote controls. I'm thankful for this cup of high-octane coffee. Thankful for choice. Thankful for chance. Thankful for acceptance. I'm thankful for thanks. Hell yes! Hallelujah! Pass the gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment