1/1/17

What we're looking at now.


My resolution this year is to spend more time being the hands of feet of Jesus. To get outside of myself and spend time with those who are lonely, lost, cold, cast out, down on their luck and broken. Spend time with them because that is exactly who I was until I found hope in a man who was born into a broken world. Who came into the madness that was a globe spiraling out of control. Who took what we viewed as holy and placed it in the back, and took what we saw as beyond hope and placed it at the front. I spend too much of my time in self preservation mode trying to gather up my treasures so I feel validated and secure. I need to give that time back to the widows and the orphans and the refugees. My goal shouldn't be to sneak into the last row of heaven. It shouldn't even be to get to heaven. In this banged up and broken world, my resolution should be to bring heaven to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment